Theme: Research Innovation and Navigating Cancer Care
Worldwide Oncology Drugs Market is expected to garner $111.9 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period 2014 to 2020. Recent progress in biological therapies has widened the scale of therapeutic targets for treatment of cancer with the identification of tumor cell specific genes. Biologics are emerging as potential therapies to find the permanent cure for various cancer types. Amongst various biologics, drugs based on monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) have gained significant attention in recent years due to their high efficacy
Recent progress in Biological Therapies
The global cancer drugs market provides oncological therapeutic products and services for patients. These drugs target the diseased cells in a body and reverse the cell proliferation that results in improvement of overall health conditions. The industry has witnessed substantial growth in terms of revenue and volume due to a rise in incidence rates and augmentation in types of cancer. At present, regulatory concerns, time-consuming clinical trials, and delayed approvals hinder the introduction of proposed drugs on consumer platforms.
However, the latest anti-cancer drugs developed with gene and protein mutations include erythropoietin drugs, biosimilar drugs, and nuclear medicine. The industry analysis encompasses portfolio offerings of renowned pharmaceutical companies in this segment. We also analyze the cost and pricing structures of anti-cancer drugs and their effect on growth patterns across geographies.
The market is driven by the increasing incidence of ovarian cancer. The need for more effective treatment options is pushing growth of the market. While the market is dominated by generics such as paclitaxel and carboplatin, it is expected that drugs such as Bevacizumab (Avastin), Pazopanib (Votrient) would boost the growth of this market. Development of drugs with improved efficacy is a challenge for this market. The opportunity for this market lies in developing new drugs for treating ovarian cancer.
International Cancer Drugs Market Analysis by Drug
The drugs used to treat ovarian cancer include Paclitaxel, Cisplatin, Adriamycin PFS (Doxorubicin Hydrochloride), Carboplatin, Cyclophosphamide, Platinol (Cisplatin), Paraplatin (Carboplatin), Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome, Evacet (Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome), Cytoxan (Cyclophosphamide), Paraplat (Carboplatin), Taxol (Paclitaxel), Neosar (Cyclophosphamide), Gemcitabine Hydrochloride, Platinol-AQ (Cisplatin), Topotecan Hydrochloride, Gemzar (Gemcitabine Hydrochloride), Hycamtin (Topotecan Hydrochloride), Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, LipoDox (Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome), Dox-SL (Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome), Clafen (Cyclophosphamide), Adriamycin RDF (Doxorubicin Hydrochloride), DOXIL (Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome) and others. Treatment for ovarian cancer mostly includes a combination of two drugs, usually a platinum compound (Cisplatin or carboplatin) and a taxane (Paclitaxel or docetaxel).
Universal Cancer Drugs Market Analysis by Geography
The market for ovarian cancer is segmented geographically into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. North America is the major revenue generating market mainly due to the prevalence of ovarian cancer. According to the American Cancer Society, an estimated 21,980 women would be diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2014 in the US. Europe is the second largest market as the incidence for ovarian cancer is high in Europe.
The companies include Roche, Amgen, Boehringer Ingelheim, GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca and others. In Dec 2011, Roche received EU approval for the drug Avastin (bevacizumab) to be used in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel as treatment for ovarian cancer.
High Level Analysis
Market analysis by porter’s five-force model shows that the bargaining power of the buyer is high in this market as the market is dominated by generic drugs and there are many suppliers producing the drugs. The threat of new entrants is moderate as the drugs for treating ovarian cancer are mainly generic and pharmaceutical companies can easily start producing the drugs. Intensity of rivalry is high in this market as competitors are numerous and the drugs are undifferentiated. Top impacting factors have been given to get a clearer understanding of the market.
- In-depth analysis of the drugs in the market for treatment of ovarian cancer would help in understanding the capacity for growth in this market
- Segmentation by geography would help in identifying the demand for ovarian drugs in each region
- Key drivers and opportunities would help in a deeper understanding of the scope of the market
- Porter’s five-force model would give a clear picture of the market and help in making business decisions
- Estimations have been given for the period from 2013 to 2020, which would help in identifying the potential of the market
The Cancer drug market is segmented by drugs and geography.
- Adriamycin PFS (Doxorubicin Hydrochloride)
- Platinol (Cisplatin)
- Paraplatin (Carboplatin)
- Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome
- Evacet (Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome)
- Cytoxan (Cyclophosphamide)
- Paraplat (Carboplatin)
- Taxol (Paclitaxel)
- Neosar (Cyclophosphamide)
- Gemcitabine Hydrochloride
- Platinol-AQ (Cisplatin)
- Topotecan Hydrochloride
- Gemzar (Gemcitabine Hydrochloride)
- Hycamtin (Topotecan Hydrochloride)
- Doxorubicin Hydrochloride
- LipoDox (Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome)
- Dox-SL (Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome)
- Clafen (Cyclophosphamide)
- Adriamycin RDF (Doxorubicin Hydrochloride)
- DOXIL (Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Top Oncology Drugs:
Avastin, Alimta, Xeloda,Tarceva, Zometa, Sutent, Nexavar,Revlimid,Opdivo,Imbruvica
Keytruda,Ibrance,Tecentriq, Darzalex, Perjeta, Xtandi, Herceptin, Gazyva, Jakafi, Venclexta
Worldwide Societies Associated with Cancer !
- American Cancer Society
- American Association for Cancer Research
- The Cancer Association of South Africa
- National Cancer Society Malaysia
- Kidney Cancer Association
- Singapore Cancer Society
- Cancer Association of Namibia
- European Oncology Nursing Society
- Oncology Nursing Society
- International Society of Nurses in Cancer Care
- Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses
- Cancer Nurses Society of Australia
- Clinical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Organ Specific Cancer
- Cancer Metastasis
- Breast Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Cancer Diagnosis and Screening
- Cancer Drugs
- Anti-Cancer Drug Discovery & Therapy
- Oncology Nursing Care
- Cancer Epidemiology
- Cancer Epigenetics
- Oncology Therapies
- Emergency Medicine
- Precision Oncology
To share your views and research, please click here to register for the Conference.
All accepted abstracts will be published in respective Our International Journals.
Abstracts will be provided with Digital Object Identifier by